A Day for Opportunity
Recently the Manufacturing Society of Forsyth partnered with the Forsyth County Schools’ College and Career Development Department and local manufacturers. They spent the day with high school students participating in National Manufacturing Day 2018: October 5th. During the morning, students from all Forsyth County high schools toured the operations of local Forsyth manufacturers.
- Motovario Corporation (an Italian gear manufacturer)
- Metcam, Inc. (a fabricator of sheet metal components and assemblies for OEMs)
- Hansgrohe (a German manufacturer of luxury faucets and showerheads)
- GAF Materials Corporation (a roofing and shingles manufacturer)
- American BOA (a manufacturer of metal materials for the industrial and automotive markets)
- Specialty Appliances (an orthodontic equipment manufacturer)
- Solvay Specialty Polymers (a manufacturer of high-performance plastics, polymers, fluids, and elastomers)
- Hitachi T&D Solutions (an electrical equipment supplier)
- TÜV SÜD America, Inc (a third-party, independent testing lab)
Simultaneously, the event drew attention to the many rewarding and high-paying careers available in the manufacturing industry, and it highlighted how important manufacturing is to the nation’s economy. Before and after lunch, provided by Automation Direct (a manufacturer of PLCs and tools), the students spent National Manufacturing Day visiting multiple manufacturers.
Metcam Spoke on the Event
“[A]s a really big believer in teamwork, it’s good for us to share our time, facilities and experiences for the betterment of the community and its aspiring manufacturing professionals.” – Jerry Ward, Co-Owner and Vice President of Operations for the metal fabricator, Metcam.
Particularly excited, Metcam created a company-wide theme for this year’s National Manufacturing Day: “Open Doors, Open Minds.” Ultimately, the company hopes to be an inspiration to future manufacturers and to advance a strong network of local businesses and educators.
Making Forsyth Better
The face of modern-day manufacturing is an important element in local workforce development, and the Manufacturing Society is proud to partner with local companies investing in the future of Forsyth County.
To find out more about the manufacturing society of Forsyth County:
Email Robert Long at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or fill out this form: http://bit.ly/FoCoHelps
And find a brief description of the Society at http://bit.ly/FoCoPros